Group projects are a great way to enhance content knowledge and provide students the experience of working with other people on a shared project. To avoid academic integrity problems and upset students, consider assimilating these tips to enhance the academic integrity of your group projects.
- Provide clear instructions on how you expect the group project to be completed.
- Reinforce that each student is 100% responsible for the academic integrity of the entire assignment (not just the part they worked on).
- During class, encourage students to remind each other about including proper attribution.
- Remind students that no group project should be turned in until every group member reviews and signs off on the final draft.
- Provide the ability to do a Turnitin review on the assignment before students submit it for a grade.
- Encourage students to email you with academic integrity concerns.
For more information check out the Fulton Schools Academic Integrity Office webpage.