Apply for these New Economy Initiative Science and Technology Centers funding opportunities — deadline extended to January 13!
We are excited to present the Fall 2022 Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOAs) for the New Economy Initiative Science and Technology Centers (STC). With the recent launch of the three new STCs — ACT, EXTREME and PERFORM — at the Proposers Day in October, all five STCs have released these FOAs to solicit proposals for research and development projects that are collaborations between ASU researchers, industry partners and government stakeholders.
- Align with one or more STC thrusts and the identified interest areas described in the FOA built from the STC Proposers Day held Monday, October 24, 2022.
- Are expected to be 12–24 months in duration and support one doctoral student’s effort, though proposals that provide a compelling rationale for different durations or levels of effort will be considered.
- Have co-investment from the STC and one stakeholder partner such that a portion of the project costs expended at ASU will be funded by the STC and a portion will be funded by a company, as detailed in the FOA.
- Lay the foundation for significant impact on the Arizona economy if technically successful.
Each STC anticipates making five to seven awards in response to the FOA, and each STC expects to issue a similar FOA every six months as funding allows. Stakeholder partners will be asked to submit a letter of support detailing their collaboration and investment in each project.
You can find more information about the FOA for each STC via the links below:
- Advanced Communications Technologies, ACT FOA
- Advanced Materials, Processes, and Energy Devices, AMPED FOA
- Extreme Environments, EXTREME FOA
- Manufacturing, Automation and Data Engineering, MADE FOA
- Performance Engineering and Research for Optimizing Response Mechanisms, PERFORM FOA
Proposals are due at 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 13, 2023.
Questions? Contact [email protected].