The Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering encourages students from all backgrounds to pursue research opportunities with the Fulton Undergraduate Research Initiative (FURI), Master’s Opportunity for Research in Engineering (MORE), and Grand Challenges Scholars Program (GCSP). Encourage your students to learn how to build a competitive research application by attending the Fulton Schools Research Resource Fair and hearing from these resources:
- Current FURI/MORE faculty mentors and doctoral students: Hear directly from faculty on current research opportunities and lab expectations/culture.
- Fulton Schools Career Center: Build a strong resume/CV to submit to prospective faculty mentors.
- ASU Engineering/STEM Librarian: Learn about library resources including how to prepare literature reviews and research questions.
- ASU Writing Center: Receive tips on crafting a strong personal statement.
- Current FURI/MORE students: Hear from students on their research experience, from the application phase to working in their research lab.
- Fulton Schools Business Office Staff: Learn about general purchasing procedures to create a supply budget request.
Attending the Fair will give students all the tools they need to submit a competitive application ahead of the Spring 2023 FURI and MORE deadline: Wednesday, October 19, 2022.
Fulton Schools Research Resource Fair
Thursday, September 29, 2022
11 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
Engineering Center G (ECG) Student Center, Tempe campus [map]
Please encourage your students to attend.
If you are a faculty member who is interested in participating in this event or becoming a FURI or MORE faculty mentor, please contact Tim Rooney at email@example.com.