ASU’s recent designation as a Hispanic Serving Institution, or HSI, by the U.S. Department of Education means that researchers can now apply to select federal funding opportunities reserved for HSIs. With nearly $7 billion in awards obligated this year, the Department of Defense is a significant source of research funding. You are invited to join your colleagues and DoD officials for a Lunch and Learn presentation and panel discussion.
Share with your students: Global career opportunities with the Department of Defense
Students and alumni can meet DoD senior leaders, executives and recruiters to learn about opportunities for employment, internships and scholarships during ASU’s “Taking the Pentagon to the People” event on Tuesday, Sept. 12, 2023–Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2023, at the West and Tempe campuses. More than 20 DoD agencies will be represented, such as The Defense Threat Reduction Agency and the Counterintelligence and Security Agency. Students can network with recruiters during breaks throughout the day and spend one-on-one time with them.
All majors are welcome. Students should bring their resumes and dress for success.
- 1 p.m. — Opening Presentation: How to start your career with the Department of Defense.
- 1:30–4 p.m. — Network with DoD recruiters and meet one-on-one to share resumes, all majors welcome; includes snacks and refreshments.
- 9 a.m. — Opening Plenary: How to start your career with the Department of Defense.
- 10:15 a.m. — Student Empowerment Summit: Learn about scholarships, prepare for a career and special opportunities with the Department of Defense; includes free lunch.
- 1:45 p.m. — Student Empowerment Summit: DoD Mock Interview and Elevator Pitch.
- 2:15–5:30 p.m. — Student Empowerment Summit: DoD Recruiter Tables: Meet DoD recruiters for a range of agencies for on-the-spot interviews.
- Students can network with recruiters during breaks throughout the day and spend one-on-one time with them.