Join us for ASU Science and Technology Centers Proposers Day on Monday, October 24, 2022, to connect industry and ASU faculty to define research and development priorities and capabilities for joint projects in the Science and Technology Centers, known as STCs, to improve Arizona’s competitiveness in high-tech sectors.
Following an introduction to the New Economy Initiative and its STCs, participants in Proposers Day will define present research priorities and capability needs for each thrust area (defined below). This input will be used to generate subsequent funding opportunity announcements, or FOAs, that will solicit joint research projects with ASU faculty and industry partners.
Science and Technology Centers
The New Economy Initiative supports the development of STCs at ASU that will position Phoenix and Arizona for national and global leadership in the New Economy.
- Advanced Materials, Processes and Energy Devices (AMPED): The AMPED STC has technology thrust areas of photovoltaics, batteries and power-electronic devices.
- Manufacturing, Automation and Data Engineering (MADE): The MADE STC has technology thrust areas of process science and engineering, robotics and automation, and data analytics, cyber and AI.
- Advanced Communications Technologies (ACT): The ACT STC has thrust areas of future RF systems, flexible modem SoCs, communications for augmented reality and awareness for autonomous vehicles.
- Human Performance (PERFORM): The PERFORM STC has three thrust areas of devices, assessment and performance multipliers.
- Extreme Environment (EXTREME): The EXTREME STC has technology thrust areas of air, water and heat/materials.