Apply for New Economy Initiative Science and Technology Centers funding opportunities — deadline extended to May 31
The Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering is excited to present the Spring 2023 Funding Opportunity Announcement, or FOA, for the New Economy Initiative Science and Technology Centers, or STCs. With the recent completion of the Proposers Day on March 22, all five STCs have released these FOAs to solicit proposals for research and development projects that are collaborations between ASU researchers, industry partners and government stakeholders.
- Align with one or more STC thrusts and the identified interest areas described in the FOA built from the STC Proposers Day held on March 22, 2023.
- Are expected to be 12 to 24 months in duration and support one doctoral student’s effort, though proposals that provide a compelling rationale for different durations or levels of effort will be considered.
- Have co-investment from the STC and one stakeholder partner such that a portion of the project costs expended at ASU will be funded by the STC and a portion will be funded by a company, as detailed in the FOA.
- Lay the foundation for significant impact on the Arizona economy if technically successful.
Each STC anticipates making five to seven awards in response to the FOA, and each STC expects to issue a similar FOA every six months as funding allows. Stakeholder partners will be asked to submit a letter of support detailing their collaboration and investment in each project.
Learn more information about the FOA for each STC:
- Advanced Communications Technologies, ACT FOA.
- Advanced Materials, Processes, and Energy Devices, AMPED FOA.
- Extreme Environments, EXTREME FOA.
- Manufacturing, Automation and Data Engineering, MADE FOA.
- Performance Engineering and Research for Optimizing Response Mechanisms, PERFORM FOA.
Proposals are due at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, May 31, 2023.