Join the FSE Learning and Teaching Hub for professional learning opportunities this semester.
Teaching Community of Practice Meetings
The Teaching Community of Practice, or TCP, is a large group of Fulton Schools faculty and instructors who come together regularly to learn about and discuss topics related to Engineering Education. The group is open to anyone interested in the Fulton Schools community.
First Fridays, 11 a.m.–noon MST via Zoom, with optional discussion noon–12:30 p.m,
- Friday, Feb. 3, 2023: ICAP Framework for Active Learning, with guest speaker Michelene (Micki) T. H. Chi.
- Attend in person at the Applied Arts Pavilion (AAPAV) 110, Polytechnic campus [map].
- Friday, March 3, 2023: Equitable Learning Opportunities – Supporting Student Teams in Engineering Design Courses, with guest speaker Robin Fowler, University of Michigan.
- Friday, April 7, 2023: Learning from Stories of Women in Engineering Education from Undergraduates to Faculty: How Can We Foster a More Inclusive Culture?, with guest speaker Nadia Kellam, ASU.
Research-based Instructional Strategies in Engineering Series
Research-based Instructional Strategies in Engineering, or RISE, is a yearlong foundational program designed to offer actionable instructional ideas specific to teaching and learning in engineering courses.
The RISE workshops were kicked off at the beginning of the fall semester. Resources from the last semester can be found in the RISE resource folder.
Join us for the spring sessions from 11 a.m.–12:30 p.m. MST:
- RISE Workshop #4: Reviewing Course Feedback
- RISE Workshop #5: Friday, March 24, 2023: Student Motivation (Zoom) — ***New time!*** 10:30 a.m.–noon
- RISE Workshop #6: Friday, April 14, 2023: Designing Courses (Zoom).
Educational Technology Workshops
Educational Technology, or EdTech, workshops help instructors to make informed decisions about integrating various tools into their courses by demonstrating technology options and providing expert guidance on pedagogical purpose and implementation.
Third Fridays, 11 a.m.–noon MST via Zoom.
- Friday, Feb. 17, 2023: Accessibility Tools in Canvas.
- Friday, March 17, 2023: CATME.
- Friday, April 21, 2023: Polling Tools.
Check out the professional learning calendar on our website to learn more.