The Secretary to the Assembly of the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering, or AFSE, is an officer elected from the FSE membership for a three-year term. In addition to the duties listed below, the Secretary to the AFSE is a non-voting member of the Executive Committee, or EC, of the AFSE. The EC meets monthly to provide advice and recommendations to the Dean, and also provides communication to the AFSE regarding governance at the FSE level. A nominating committee has been formed by the EC and assigned the task of organizing the election of the Secretary.
Faculty were invited to submit nominations for the secretary position to the chair of the Nominating Committee in November 2021. Dr. Dianne Hansford, the current secretary, has been nominated to serve a second term. The duties of the secretary, as described by the AFSE bylaws, are listed below. Please review the duties and vote for the Secretary to the AFSE by Monday, January 31, 2022. The ballot includes the nominee as well as the option to write in a candidate; write-in candidates must be members of the AFSE.
If you have questions about the election, please email Cheryl Jennings, Nominating Committee chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities of the Secretary to the AFSE, extracted from “Bylaws of the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering, Arizona State University,” approved on August 14, 2019. Read the full document.
Article Three, Section B. The Secretary to the AFSE shall:
- Be elected for a three-year term from the FSE membership.
- Serve as a non-voting member of the executive committee of the AFSE.
- Edit the minutes and all announcements of the AFSE before they are published and/or distributed.
- Assist in the preparation of all documents necessary for the deliberations of AFSE, including the agenda, before they are distributed.
- Review the Bylaws of the FSE annually to update ACD policy manual references, propose amendments to these Bylaws necessary to maintain consistency with University policy, and ensure that the updated document is available to every current member via an appropriate website.
- Be assisted by an appropriate staff member appointed by the Dean. This staff member will take the necessary notes to prepare the minutes of the AFSE and will prepare other announcements for subsequent publications and/or distribution, as directed by the Secretary of the AFSE.