Teaching remotely is only growing in importance as hybrid and digital immersion experiences are vital for reaching more learners. Even if you teach your courses on campus, face-to-face, it’s important to be prepared for unforeseen scenarios that result in campus closures. All classes can be hosted in Zoom, and all instructors can access their class links directly from My ASU.
Holding live (synchronous) classes and meetings online with students is made possible through Zoom. As ASU’s centrally supported, easy-to-use video conferencing platform, Zoom provides high-definition, interactive collaboration tools and telephone conferencing to use for hosting your classes.
With Zoom you can:
- Share your screen to show slides or other materials and ask students to share their screens to present
- Annotate and mark on the screen, or draw on a whiteboard
- Break your class into groups for discussions or projects using the Breakout Rooms feature
- Use the chat feature to answer questions or share learning resources
- Record your class so students can review materials
- Poll your students to check for understanding
- Host virtual office hours
- Meet with students
- Engage with small groups or project teams
Please see UTO’s weekly calendar, for all dates and links to register for Zoom training.