The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification for the Service Industry program provides breakthrough improvements for organizations, including a series of statistical and standard improvement tools, and a disciplined roadmap for developing solutions to existing problems, processes, services and products.
By attending, you will be able to:
- Develop value stream maps, and optimize process flows
- Choose metrics, establish a measurement system, and collect data for a given process
- Assess current and future state process and quantify the performance gap between them
- Apply data analysis tools and methods to understand processes, and the use of data in decision-making
- Apply lean essentials to remove waste from a process
- Use Lean Six Sigma tools to close performance gaps, reduce process variation, and center performance on a target value
- Apply basic statistical process control methods to monitor process performance
Apply today! — The upcoming 11-week certification program runs from Tuesday, January 15, 2019, to Thursday, March 21, 2019.
The program is offered in a face-to-face format at the ASU Tempe Campus, meeting two times per week, Tuesday and Thursday from 8 a.m. to noon in the College Avenue Commons building, Room 335 in Tempe, Arizona.
The Organizational Performance Office, in partnership with the Fulton School of Engineering’s Office of Global Outreach and Extended Education, is offering this unique opportunity to University faculty and staff at a 90 percent discounted rate. Eligibility will be confirmed when registering and all ASU units have the option to pay the employee fee of $320 through Workday.