I am pleased to announce faculty recognition programs that are now accepting proposals or nominations. These programs reward ideas and innovations in our academic programs, research excellence, and service to our schools.
Nominations or proposals for each program are due March 7, 2018. Submit your materials to Annette Bowers at email@example.com.
The Fulton Schools have an amazing faculty. I encourage you to review the goals and process for each program below and send your proposals or nominations by the deadline.
Diane and Gary Tooker Professors Program
The Tooker Professor program recognizes and encourages innovation that advances our academic mission. Proposals for this program should support innovations:
- that lead to increased retention and persistence of undergraduate students within the Fulton Schools
- in course delivery at any level that lead to more rewarding experiences for both students and faculty, particularly those approaches built around the range of learning modes of our students and that can be generalized to all disciplines and scaled to larger class sizes
- that lead to increasing undergraduate diversity including first generation students and veterans
- that lead to future-looking degree programs, with more multidisciplinary learning and competitive résumé-building opportunities for our students
- in other topics that clearly lead to increased retention, persistence, learning comprehension, student diversity, student competitiveness in the job market and positive external recognition of our academic programs
All Fulton Schools of Engineering faculty are eligible to apply. Proposals are reviewed by a panel who submits recommendations to the Dean.
Fulton Exemplar Faculty
The Dean’s Exemplar Faculty Award is a two-year award that aims to recognize and reward tenured faculty who are exemplar contributors to the Fulton Schools. More specifically, this award recognizes those with outstanding accomplishments and contributions in research, teaching and service. The award nominations will be made by the School Directors and with review by the Executive Committee for recommendation to the Dean. All tenured associate professors and tenured full professors are eligible.
Fulton Outstanding Assistant Professor
Nominated during their third year review period with the designation taking effect the following fall, the award is for two academic years to assistant professors who are contributing at high levels in all aspects of teaching, research and service. The award nominations will be made by the School Directors and with review by the Executive Committee for recommendation to the Dean.
Fulton Outstanding Lecturer
The Fulton Outstanding Lecturer award recognizes outstanding accomplishments in teaching and service by our full-time Lecturers and Professors of Practice. Nominees will be recognized based on their accomplishments of superior teaching, commitment to pedagogical innovation, service to their program and the Fulton Schools, and support of student success.
Any Fulton Schools faculty or staff member can submit a nomination. Nominations are reviewed by a panel who submits recommendations to the Dean.