It’s nearly time to show off your exciting research for the 2018 ASU Open Door event!
Every year ASU opens its doors to show what happens every day at the most innovative university in the nation. Visitors come to participate in interactive activities and talk to students, faculty and staff about the innovative spaces and research happening on campus. Show children, parents and interested minds of all ages what it’s like to be part of the Fulton Schools community.
Register your exhibit by Monday, December 11, 2017.
Please follow these steps to get your exhibit registered:
- Visit opendoor.asu.edu to get started.
- Make sure you are logged into your MyASU portal to get access to the staff tab.
- Once you are logged in, click Staff (far right link). From the drop down menu, select Create New Activity.
- If you do not see the Creative New Activity option, you will need to request Staff access to the site.
- You should include: Name, Description, and image of your activity. These are mandatory to submit the form. If you do not have an image for your activity, please use the Fulton Schools logo as a placeholder. You will want to update this image soon so that the photo included on the website accurately represents your exhibit.
- Don’t know what to put for an activity description, but know you will be participating? Think of something generic, for example: “Come join the K-12 Engineering Education team as explore concepts of physics and the engineering design process through a fun, hands-on activity!”
- Be sure to include your department, unit or organization for in the Activity Host. Do not use acronyms.
- For College or Business Unit select Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering. This is incredibly important so that your activity will be listed under our engineering dashboard.
- Select your campus (Polytechnic or Tempe) and then the building where your activity will be held.
- Please note: if you would like for me to locate a space for your activity, select ECG, and in the room number field, enter Please Assign.
- Complete the remaining tabs as directed.
Important information to note:
- Do not enter any information about tables or chairs in the NOD forms. Once you have completed and submitted the Activity Form, you will receive further information from Brittney Martin with details on how to request tables and chairs. If you request chairs through the ASU Open door portal, your unit/department will be responsible for any charges incurred.
- If you are submitting the form on behalf of another staff or faculty member who will be actually facilitating the event day of, please be sure to include their information as the On-Site Coordinator.
- Once your form has been submitted and approved, you will be required to complete a logistics form. This is a crucial 2nd step to assist the Open Door team in preparation. You will receive further information regarding the logistics form in late December.
- If you have any questions, you can reach out to Brittney Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save the date for ASU Open Door
ASU Open Door – Polytechnic campus
Friday, January 26, 2018
ASU Open Door – Tempe campus
Saturday, February 24, 2018