Are you an ASU employee who performs or has an interest in process improvement, organizational development, change management and project management to improve services and operations throughout the university?
Take a 10-week certification offered in a face-to-face format at ASU, meeting twice per week from September 5, 2017 through November 14, 2017 from 8 a.m.–noon. The program provides tactical Lean and Six Sigma tools to you, which allow you to deploy breakthrough improvements at your department.
“The professors were very knowledgeable and provided an excellent curriculum that accelerated the learning process,” says Matthew Krull, a student of the Lean Green Belt Certification. “They really showed how you could apply what we were learning to a normal working environment, using examples that were very applicable to real-world scenarios.”
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Choose and implement Lean Six Sigma projects
- Develop value stream maps and optimize process flows
- Choose metrics, establish a measurement system and collect data for a given process
- Assess current and future state process and quantify the performance gap between them
- Apply data analysis tools and methods to understand processes and the use of data in decision-making
- Use statistics for Six Sigma, including relationships between variables, correlation and regression analysis
- Apply lean essentials to remove waste from a process
- Use Lean Six Sigma tools to close performance gaps, reduce process variation and center performance on a target value
- Apply basic statistical process control methods to monitor process performance