Do you know there’s a new National Science Foundation grant for new transfer and upper division student scholarships? Share it with your students!
Motivated Engineering Transfer Students (METS) and other Fulton Schools students are encouraged to apply for the Academic Success and Professional Development (ASAP) program’s ASAP-METS scholarship.
Earn $4,000 per academic year ($2,000 per semester) beginning in fall 2017.
The scholarship program will give first consideration to transfer students from the following community colleges: Central Arizona, Eastern Arizona, Mohave, Yavapai, Cochise, Mesa, Phoenix, Estrella Mountain and Glendale. The scholarship is also open to other transfer and non-transfer students.
- Enrolled in an ASU Engineering degree of 12 credits or more per semester in one of the following academic plans: Aerospace, Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Computer Systems, Electrical, Environmental, Industrial, Materials, Mechanical, General Engineering, Software Engineering or Engineering Management.
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Junior, Senior, or transferring into ASU as an upper division undergraduate for Fall 2017.
- U.S. citizen, national, alien refugee, or aliens lawfully admitted to the U.S. for permanent residence per the NSF guidelines.
- Must demonstrate financial need, unmet financial need is required. A current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) must be on file with the ASU Financial Aid office.
- Applicants must have completed the following classes: Calculus 1-3, Differential Equations, Chemistry, Physics 1-2, Statics/Dynamics, and Introduction to Engineering with and average GPA of at least 3.0 in these classes. Applicants will be considered if they have taken most of these classes, and satisfy the other requirements.
- All applicants must schedule a visit with the ASU Fulton Schools METS Center (ECA 228) prior to receiving an ASAP-METS scholarship award. (This does not apply to out of state students.) To schedule a visit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with “METS Center Visit_Last Name_First Name” in the subject line.
Submit by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, May 31, 2017