The Cornhole Tournament has been a great success! So far, we have collected $865 from food sales and registration. The 50/50 raffle currently has $215 in the pot, which will be split between the winner and United Way.
Let’s make next Friday an awesome gathering. Tell all your folks to come out to cheer on their favorites and buy some lunch!
Please take lots of photos and share them with me. Next year we’re going to have to make this even bigger, with more teams and qualifying rounds. Are you up for that, Regina?
Don’t miss the Grand Championship next week!
Friday, October 28, 2016
11 a.m.–1 p.m.
Engineering Center G-Wing (ECG) south patio, Tempe campus [map]
The finalists are:
- Tunak Tunak Tun (Angela Harguess and Jennifer Mansfield — GOEE)
- Open Chromateam (Rene David and David Nyer — SBHSE)
- Blu (Mia Kroeger and Terry Alford — SEMTE)
- Engineering Your Defeat (Shawn Rudnick and Michelle Couch — CIDSE)
- Beer Break! (Jordan Thomas and Jim Daniels — FS Accounting, Marketing Hub)
- Better Call JnM (Jamie Thomas and Margaret Acosta — Academic and Student Affairs)
- The Corn Colonels (Taylor Hearn and Paul VanGilder — SBHSE)
- Soker (Mike Sever and Brian Volker — SSEBE Academic Services)
We have raised $32,458 in pledges with a 20.4 percent response rate — we’re ahead of where we were last year! We still have a ways to go to meet our goal of raising $45,000 and 100 percent participation.
Remember, your participation is counted when you complete the form (not whether you make a contribution). You can go to My ASU and complete the online process, or download the pledge form and send it to it to Mail Code 1304 or turn it in to your United Way representative.
If your Fulton Schools department has an upcoming event you’d like to share, send your announcement to Terry Grant in Engineering Communications.
2016 United Way Campaign Chair