I am pleased to announce three faculty recognition programs are now accepting proposals or nominations. These programs encourage innovation in our academic missions, support the translation of our research into commercial endeavors and recognize our exemplary faculty.
Nominations or proposals for each program are due by Monday, March 14, 2016. Submit your materials to Annette Bowers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fulton Schools have an amazing faculty — our quality is demonstrated in the lab, in the classroom, and through our entrepreneurial efforts. I encourage you to review the goals and process for each program below and send your proposals or nominations by March 14.
And on the topic of recognition programs, it takes just a few moments to nominate staff members for the Fulton Difference and IMPACT awards. Nominations are due by March 15.
Diane and Gary Tooker Professors Program
The Tooker Professor program is established in the Fulton Schools of Engineering to recognize and encourage innovation in our academic mission.
Proposals for this program should support innovations:
- That lead to increased retention and persistence of undergraduate students within the Fulton Schools.
- In course delivery at any level that lead to more rewarding experiences for both students and faculty, particularly those approaches built around the range of learning modes of our students and that can be generalized to all disciplines and scaled to larger class sizes.
- That lead to increased yield of women and under-represented groups from high-school STEM-related advanced placement courses to the Fulton Schools of Engineering. The percentage of female students in high school advanced placement courses is much greater than we see in our incoming undergraduate classes, and we would like to substantially increase that percentage of female students choosing a Fulton Schools major.
- That lead to future-looking degree programs, with more multidisciplinary learning and competitive resume-building opportunities.
- In other topics that clearly lead to increased retention, persistence, learning comprehension, student diversity, student competitiveness in the job market and positive external recognition of our academic programs.
Fulton Entrepreneurial Professor
Do you have an interest in moving your innovations to the market or launching a company, but feel it’s not possible with a normal faculty workload? The Fulton Entrepreneurial Professors program offers support to pursue technology and product commercialization and the start-up of new ventures.
Release time is the primary resource allocated by this program. Additional support may be available as seed funding for prototype or proof-of-concept testing, or researcher support to sustain activity in the Fulton Entrepreneurial Professor’s research group during the appointment period. Mentoring and intellectual property support are provided to all Fulton Entrepreneurial Professors through Arizona Technology Enterprises.
Fulton Exemplar Faculty
The Dean’s Exemplar Faculty Award is a two-year award that aims to recognize and reward tenured and tenure-track faculty who are exemplar contributors to the aspirations of the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering. More specifically, this award recognizes those with outstanding accomplishments and contributions in all three faculty performance areas of research, teaching and service. The award nominations will be made by the School Directors and with final approval of recipients by the Executive Committee. Assistant professors currently undergoing P&T review are not eligible for this award.