Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering Assembly (AFSE) Secretary is an important officer of the Executive Committee. The secretary serves on the Executive Committee for three years. See official duties described below.
The Executive Committee provides guidance to the dean and feedback to the faculty on governance. The committee meets monthly during the academic year.
This secretary election is open to every interested member of AFSE. The nomination committee is accepting volunteers to be a candidate for this election. If you are interested in this prestigious and important position, send an email to Huan Liu (Huan.Liu@asu.edu) and Hanqing Jiang (Hanqing.Jiang@asu.edu). The nomination deadline has been extended to Nov. 6.
Responsibilities of the Secretary, extracted from “Bylaws of the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering, Arizona State University” Revised April 30, 2012.
The Secretary to the AFSE shall:
1. Be elected for a three-year term from the FSE membership.
2. Shall serve on the executive committee of the AFSE.
3. Shall edit the minutes and all of the announcements of the AFSE before they are published and/or distributed.
4. Distribute all documents necessary for the deliberations of the AFSE, including the agenda.
5. Shall review the bylaws of the FSE annual to update ACD policy manual references and shall propose amendments to these bylaws necessary to maintain consistency with University policy and shall ensure that the updated document is available to every current member via an appropriate website.
6. Shall be assisted by an appropriate staff member appointed by the Dean. This assistant shall take the necessary notes to prepare the minutes of the AFSE, and will prepare other announcements, as directed by the Secretary of the AFSE, for subsequent publication and/or distribution.