New on Full Circle
Promising work on imaging technology earns NSF CAREER award
An ASU biomedical engineer will expand his efforts to broaden the medical capabilities of MRI technology with support from a National Science Foundation CAREER award. Read the article.
EPA fellowship aids student’s research for safer use of nanotechnology
An Environmental Protection Agency graduate research fellowship award will support an ASU engineering doctoral student’s efforts to guide innovation of new nanotechnologies that reduce risks to environmental and human health. Read the article.
ASU computer science program sees rise in reputation
Achievements by faculty and students have helped put ASU’s computer science program among the leaders in international academic rankings. Read the article
Internships offer invaluable step onto career path
Fulton Schools Career Center experts urge students to learn job search skills through rigorous pursuit of internship opportunities. Read the article. Plus, six engineering students tell about their summer internship experiences.
- Construction management major got intensive education in technical side of oil industry
- Electrical engineering student had real-world introduction to power engineering
- Research experience reinforces biomedical engineering major’s passion to find medical cures
- Inside look at federal government inspires student to set ambitious career goals
- Summer internship helps industrial engineering student clarify career aspirations
- Mechanical engineering major helps bring renewable energy to rural communities
In the news
Student startup companies selected for ASU accelerator program (ASU News)
ASU engineering students are involved in 11 of 20 ASU student projects selected to get support from the Edson Student Entrepreneurship Initiative, ASU’s student startup accelerator program. The ventures will get seed grants ranging from $3,000 to $20,000 office space at ASU’s Skysong facility, mentorship and training opportunities. The winning projects were among more than 300 startups that applied. Read the article