Faculty advisors, your student org could benefit from a Ford College Alliance Mini Grant. Faculty advisors must submit proposals by Wednesday, October 29, 2014.
As part of the new Ford College Alliance Initiative (which replaces the Ford Advanced Education Program, known as FAEP), Ford Fund is reinstating a popular program: The Ford Mini Grant Program. Ford Fund is making $50,000 available to our key recruiting partner schools to apply for funding for projects or proposals costing $5,000 or less.
The funds will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis until funding runs out.
Schools will not be able to receive more than two mini-grants per year.
These funds are available to the student orgs but the grant proposal need to be submitted by faculty or staff at the university. Student organizations can create the proposal and have their faculty advisor (or someone else at the university) submit it for them.
Each university can use the funds in a different way. This grant can be used to help students pay for a conference, programs they are working on, enhance a course, for a vehicle team and other student-related ideas.
- Your school is invited to submit short proposals (a page or less) to Ford Fund (with a cc to their Ford Executive Sponsor or Lead Recruiter) for grants of $5,000 or less to support student programs and events in the areas of Engineering, IT, and Business.
- The Mini Grant Fund will accept proposals from schools starting on Monday, September 8, 2014.
- The criteria is left fairly loose for these grants, but proposals must involve students in the engineering, business, and/or IT program and must have some relationship to Ford’s existing or planned involvement on your campus.
- Examples might include support for a local SWE chapter, a Ford-related case study for a business or engineering class, a business club, or even a vehicle team. It could also support a sponsorship for a conference or event on campus in the areas of engineering, business, or IT.
- Ford Fund will review proposals and approve or decline on a first-come, first-served basis. Participating schools can receive up to two mini grants each year.
Deadline to apply for a mini grant is Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Please send proposals and student selections (or any questions) to:
Coordinator, Ford Fund Education Programs