Revisioning Leadership: Models for Leadership In Administration, Academics & Community
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
8 a.m.-11:45 a.m.
Memorial Union (MU), Alumni Lounge 202 [map]
The 2013 ASU Faculty Women’s Association Leadership Summit will feature successful faculty leaders at multiple stages in their career, leading discussions on pathways to leadership, and thoughts on redefining leadership roles for the twenty-first century.
This event is free and is open to all members of the ASU faculty, staff, and students. Guests can attend all of the events, or part of the Summit as their schedule permits. Seating is limited.
Featured panelists to include:
- Mitzi Montoya, Vice Provost, Dean and Professor, College of Technology & Innovation
- Marlene Tromp, Dean and Professor, New College of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences
- Teri Pipe, Dean and Professor, College of Nursing & Health Innovation
- Alexandra Brewis Slade, Director and President’s Professor, School of Human Evolution & Social Change, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Mary Margaret Fonow, Director and Professor, School of Social Transformation College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Sally L. Kitch, Director of Institute for Humanities Research and Regents Professor, Women and Gender Studies, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Moderator: Deborah Clarke, Associate Dean of Faculty for College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
To register, email Karen Engler, FWA Coordinator Sr. (Karen.Engler@asu.edu) with your name, department/unit and which events you will be able to attend. If you are able to attend all of the events, you can just note “All Events.”
- 8-8:45 a.m. Summit Breakfast Reception
- 8:30-10:15 a.m. Summit Opening & Panel Discussion I: “Administrative Leadership”
- 10:30-11:45 a.m. Panel Discussion II: “Leadership in Academics & Community” and Summit Closing