Join Tirupalavanam Ganesh, assistant dean for Fulton K-12 Outreach and associate research professor in SEMTE, for a proposal development workshop on K-12 outreach activities.
Ganesh will cover the following:
- Examples of K-12 outreach activities including current efforts at Fulton Engineering.
- NSF review criteria/process and how K-12 activities can make your broader impacts section stronger.
- The importance of clearly defining specifics of K-12 activities.
- Current literature related to STEM education and K-12 activities.
- Your ideas/samples. Send your ideas/samples to discuss to Stacy Esposito by October 4.
All faculty are welcome and I highly encourage new faculty (past 3 years) to attend. Even if you do not have immediate plans for K-12 outreach activities in an upcoming proposal, this information will help you to understand the importance of clearly defining objectives to sponsors and addressing review criteria.