The Knovel database has released a new platform; in addition to the improved screen display, new features include …
- Snippets available for each entry to help you see the context in which your keywords appear.
- Search within capability.
- Filter by content type facets such as interactive tables, text sections, material datasheets, conference proceedings, case studies, etc.
- Filter to show only those item available in ASU’s subscription.
- Easy to see “closed padlock” icon for items that are not in ASU’s subscription.
- Faster full text viewing – a new web-based PDF viewer reduces download wait times.
- Breadcrumb trail display at top of results list for easy navigation between search sets.
- New wizard functionality enabling “drag and drop” from a list of properties.
- Number of relevant answers is displayed in the lower part of the search screen and is updated as more search criteria are added.
- Ability to locate critical numeric range values of properties with complete control over units.
My Knovel Account
- Supports shared folders so content can be shared with a class or among members of a team or workgroup.
- Allows access from off-campus without having to go through ASU Libraries’ website.
Online tutorials are available at support.knovel.com/tutorials-2/
Questions? Contact Linda Shackle, Engineering Librarian, Noble Science and Engineering Library, at firstname.lastname@example.org.