The Engineering Career Center is seeking volunteers for Engineering Career Exploration Night. Help support our largest ever freshman class as cart drivers or other event support roles such as hall traffic directors, door monitors and Sun Card scanners. Volunteer cart drivers must have completed the Driving on the Mall class, and will shuttle professional guests between Lot 16/20 and the Memorial Union.
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Volunteer shifts: 3-9 p.m.
Event: 4-8 p.m.
Memorial Union (MU), second floor
Sign up at signupschedule.com/engineeringcareercenter
- Set-up: Set up registration, check-in sites and displays; place balloons and signage; assemble and place easels.
- Guest Guides: Meet guests in VIP area and take them to assigned neighborhood. Let Engineering Career Center staff know of any requests.
- Transporters: Stationed at Apache Parking Structure with dollies and flatbeds to assist guests bringing exhibits.
- Scanners: Scan Sun Cards and print name tags at student check-in sites.
- Cart Drivers: Must have completed required training. Drive guests from Lot 16/20 to/from the Memorial Union.
- Traffic Directors: Manage lines in hallways; direct students to desired (and less populated) areas as well as answer questions.
- Door Monitors: Ensure that students have name tags which indicate that they have check-in and had IDs scanned.
- Tear-down: Remove everything from the MU; stack equipment to be picked up and load vans.
- Greeters/Counters: Located at the entrance of Lot 16/20 – give arriving guests directions and count the number of parking spaces used.