You can help our students get the most out of their ASU experience by guiding them to the resources that will help them be successful. ASU and Fulton Engineering offer a wealth of student support services. Learn more here.
First-Year Success (VIP2 Peer Coaching)
The transition from high school to college isn’t always an easy one for a first-year student. Adjusting to these changes can be difficult and stressful even for the most able student. ASU understands the types of challenges first-year students face and, as a committed partner to their academic and personal success, makes coaching available to help freshmen adjust to life as a college student.
Encourage your students to make an appointment with a coach today to get started on the road to success. As a faculty member, also feel free to make a referral for a student who you think might benefit from this personalized coaching by emailing email@example.com or call us at 480-965-3289. For more information about VIP² Peer Coaching and to access many other useful academic resources to support your students please visit students.asu.edu/fys.
Student financial assistance
To help students access financial support, faculty and staff can:
- Encourage students to submit any documents requested by the financial aid office in a timely fashion. Students can view the items needed on My ASU.
- Encourage students to learn about personal finance at their own pace: students.asu.edu/moneymoments.
- Learn which financial aid awards are pro-rated based on enrollment: students.asu.edu/policies/census.
- Help us monitor progress toward degree—there are new limits placed on Pell Grant funds and Subsidized Loans for new borrowers.
Knowing the renewal criteria for university aid programs can help ensure students keep their aid and keep on track toward graduation:
- Obama Scholars Program: students.asu.edu/obama
- College Attainment Grant Program: students.asu.edu/cagp
- New American University Scholars: students.asu.edu/scholarships/renewal/maintenance
The Student Financial Assistance Office can assist students in person at any campus location, via phone and chat, and through guided self-help online.
Visit students.asu.edu/contact/financialaid for details.