The Bisgrove Postdoctoral Program is open for new applications. The ASU Graduate College will accept applications for the Bisgrove Postdoctoral Program up to January 18, 2013. Five applications will then be selected and submitted to SFAz for review on March 1, 2013. Eligible candidates must hold a doctorate degree by the time of the appointment but have no prior postdoctoral experience. Postdocs are expected to start fall 2013.
Applications should be submitted to Jennifer Cason, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bisgrove Postoctoral Scholars Program Information
The Bisgrove Scholar Program is intended to:
- attract the highest quality scientists and engineers to Arizona institutions,
- fund a period of innovative research in strategic areas that enhances the scholar’s career and provide a foundation for ultimately attracting federal funding and/or industry support,
- provide the scholar with a foundation that will help ensure her/his professional success.
The Bisgrove Postdoctoral Award is a $60,000 award plus benefits and an annual research allowance.
Bisgrove Postdoctoral Scholar Application
The following four items should be included in your application package:
- The narrative should be single-spaced, 12 point font, maximum length eight pages and include:
- Describe your career interest, which, in the light of your background and past achievements, makes you an exceptional Bisgrove Scholar candidate. (Maximum length: ONE PAGE
- Explain your proposed plan of research/scholarship with a focus on multidisciplinary interests, why your interests would be a good match for our institution, and why a Bisgrove award would, in the long-term, not only benefit you but also the state of Arizona; describe experiences, if any, you have had disseminating scientific knowledge to a variety of audiences and any interactions with the community at large. (Maximum length: FIVE PAGES.)
- Discuss your expectations of the mentor-mentee relationship in view of your prior experiences/observations. (Maximum length: ONE PAGE)
- The Bisgrove Scholars Program allows for selection of several mentors, including a primary research mentor, as well as a mentor in a complementary discipline and/or an individual belonging to an affinity group of interest to the scholar. Please identify your preferred mentors and explain these choices in terms of the research plan described in above. (Maximum length: ONE PAGE)
- Curriculum vitae
- Official or unofficial transcripts from all college and universities attended
- Three faculty recommendation letters
- Visit graduate.asu.edu/bisgrove or www.sfaz.org
- Download Bisgrove 2013 RFP (Word)