Celebrating 40 years of advancing women’s opportunities in education and sports
Presented by the ASU Alumni Association, the ASU Foundation’s Women & Philanthropy Program and the Sun Devil Club.
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
The Arizona Biltmore [directions]
June 23, 2012 marked the 40th anniversary of the passing of the Title IX, a part of the Education Amendments of 1972. This piece of legislation single-handedly created unprecedented opportunities for females in education and sports. Featuring a dynamic panel including:
- Lyn St. James, Speaker, Author & Athlete
- Charli Turner Thorne, Sun Devil Women’s Basketball Head Coach
- Sharon Harper, President & CEO of the Plaza Companies
- Sister Lynn Winsor, Vice Principal and Athletic Director, Xavier College Preparatory
- Moderated by Paola Boivin, Sports Columnist, The Arizona Republic and azcentral.com
Everyone Wins: Title IX Celebration with Sun Devil Women’s Basketball
Charli Turner Thorne invites you to continue the Title IX anniversary celebration on Sunday, Nov. 11 at the Sun Devil Women’s Basketball game where the team will honor 40 individuals who helped move the Title IX legislation forward or have been touched by it in some way. These individuals will share their inspiring stories at the team’s home opener against Texas Tech.
Sun Devil Women’s Basketball vs. Texas Tech
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Wells Fargo Arena
Tickets are $5
Contact: Jeanine Elliott at 480-965-5074 or email@example.com, or visit Title IX: Inspiring Opportunity