Thousands of new Sun Devil students will move into residence halls across all four ASU campuses Friday, August 17, through Tuesday, August 21. Many of these students and their families have never before been on campus and are unfamiliar with the parking regulations. Expect heavy traffic volume on roads near residence halls. Most parking areas will see an increase in pedestrian and vehicular traffic as residence hall students unload their belongings.
As a warm welcome gesture to our newest ASU community members—and to ensure a safe parking environment—ASU respectfully request drivers to be patient when traveling on campus streets and within parking lots and structures.
Every effort will be made to direct new students to parking areas that will be designated for move-in activities. However, if ASU parking permit holders arrive at their normal parking facility and cannot find available parking because students and families are unloading, they should proceed to the nearest ASU permit lot or structure. Parking lots and structures with projected availability during the move-in period include:
- Downtown Phoenix Campus: McKinley Lot
- Polytechnic Campus: Any Green Lot
- Tempe Campus: The Packard Drive South Structure
- The FLASH Forward and FLASH Back shuttles are available to get students and employees who park in the Packard Drive South Structure and need transportation to their final campus destination.
- The FLASH shuttles will be operating on their regular summer hours. FLASH Forward runs 7 a.m.–6 p.m., Monday–Friday; FLASH Back runs 7 a.m.–6 p.m., Monday–Thursday.
- View a map of the FLASH shuttle stops, indicated by purple bus icons.
- West Campus: Lot 17
Please display your ASU parking permit, even if you are parked outside your regularly assigned parking location.
Under no condition will parking be allowed along red curbs (fire lanes). No parking is allowed in ASU service vehicle stalls or disabled spaces without the proper permit or placard. Reserved spaces and loading zones will be enforced, and parking at meters and visitor lots will require payment. Please call Parking and Transit Services if you have any questions.
- PTS Downtown: 602-496-1023
- PTS Polytechnic: 480-727-2775
- PTS Tempe: 480-965-6124
- PTS West: 602-543-7275