The members of the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering Assembly are represented by the Executive Committee, which provides guidance to the dean and feedback to the faculty on governance. The secretary is an important officer of the Executive Committee, who is elected by the members of the AFSE. The executive committee meets once in every month. A nomination committee has been formed by the Executive Committee and assigned the task of organizing the election of the Secretary. The Nomination Committee wants to give an opportunity to every interested member of AFSA to be a candidate for this Secretary election.
As chair of the Nomination Committee, George Karady is is accepting volunteers to be a candidate for this election. Review the duties of the Secretary, as described by the IAFSE bylaws, below. If you are interested in this prestigious and important position, please send an email to email@example.com within two weeks.
Responsibilities of the secretary, extracted from “Bylaws of the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering, Arizona State University,” approved by the Faculty Assembly on March 30, 2011.
B. The Secretary to the AFSE shall:
- Be elected for a three-year term from the FSE membership.
- Shall serve on the executive committee of the AFSE.
- Shall edit the minutes and all of the announcements of the AFSE before they are published and/or distributed.
- Distribute all documents necessary for the deliberations of the AFSE, including the agenda.
- Shall review the bylaws of the FSE annual to update ACD references and shall propose amendments to these bylaws necessary to maintain consistency with University policy and shall ensure that the updated document is available to every current member via an appropriate website.
- Shall be assisted by an appropriate staff member appointed by the Dean. This assistant shall take the necessary notes to prepare the minutes of the AFSE, and will prepare other announcements, as directed by the Secretary of the AFSE, for subsequent publication and/or distribution.