Saturday, October 1, 2011 – Family Weekend
Tailgate party is from 5-7 p.m. Cook-off contestants should arrive at 4 p.m.
USE Building – SSEBE – Del E. Web School of Construction Building
For all faculty, staff, students and their families
- United Way Raffle
- Children’s Games and Prizes
- Chili Contest
- Hotdogs and treats provided
- Entertainment and lots of fun
Prizes will be given for each category. The Overall Winner will receive the 1st annual Chili Cook-Off Trophy, get your name on the Engineering Chili Cook-Off Hall of Fame, and get complete bragging rights for making Award Winning Chili.
- Red Chili with Beans
- Red Chili without Beans
- White Chili
- Vegetarian Chili
Entries will be judged on:
Things to note:
- Bring at least 6 quarts of chili, we expect 150 people total to attend and want everyone to be able to have some chili (we’ll use Dixie cups to serve)
- Plan on arriving 3 hours prior to kick off and cleaning up 30 minutes prior to kick off. There is not a place for us to store your belongings while you attend the game so you must take them back to your car.
- Loading/Unloading: You can enter the USE parking lot off of University just east of McAllister to load and unload your items. All other ASU parking rules apply.
- What we will provide:
- Condiments: sour cream, cheese, onions, corn chips/tortilla chips
- Dixie cups and plastic spoons
- Tables, tablecloths, chairs, electrical outlets and/or extension cords
Check in 3 hours before game time arrive at USE 125 with:
- A list of all ingredients in the chili (for allergy purposes)
- Your chili, warmed up, in a crock pot
- Serving utensils (we’ll be serving in Dixie cups) for the general public
- Your own bowl/presentation for the judges
- Your ASU spirit!
Judging begins 2 hours prior:
- When your category is called your chili will be brought by a student to the judges table.
- The judges will rank all entries based on the following criteria:
- Aroma – 10 pts.
- Color – 10 pts.
- Taste – 20 pts.
- Aftertaste – 20 pts.
- Texture – 20 pts.
- Presentation – 20 pts.
- Entries will be calculated and the winners for each group will be announced one hour prior to kick off.
Award presentation 45 minutes prior to kick off