February 24, 9–11:30 a.m.
ASU SkySong – Room #301 “Ingenuity”
Commercialization in the capital-intensive cleantech industry follows a different path than in traditional VC sectors like software or electronics. This Venture Catalyst faculty workshop will explain the path to commercialization in this space, with a particular focus on biofuels, batteries and solar.
- Tom Cain, Co-Founder and Special General Partner, Sail Venture Partners
- Edward Fox, Vice President and Chief Sustainability Officer, Arizona Public Service (APS)
- Charlie Lewis, Vice President of Venture Development, Arizona Technology Enterprises
- Dennis Merens, Managing Director, Dow Venture Capital
Topics to be covered:
- The path to commercialization, including the “valley of death”
- Market trends in solar, batteries and biofuels
- The importance of strategic industry partnerships
- The role of Venture Catalyst and how it can aid start-ups
There will be an opportunity to network with speakers and fellow faculty during a coffee and networking break halfway through the session, followed by a Q&A session with the panelists.
RSVP to email@example.com at Venture Catalyst
Download event flier: Faculty Workshop Series: Cleantech [PDF]