Did you know the ASU sunburst logo was introduced in 1995 and replaced all other ASU logos that were in use at the time? The concept of an “endorsed identity” — an ASU logo combined with a college or unit name — was introduced in 2004.
In 2016, The Enterprise Marketing Hub identified more than 130 endorsed logos with varying typography and has released a new system to both track endorsed identities and maintain ASU’s strong brand recognition.
Use of the new Fulton Schools identity will become mandatory in August 2017, but there’s no reason to delay implementation.
- Use up any stationary, envelopes or promotional items you may already have by the end of the fiscal year.
- New orders for promotional items, especially for anything that you will be using after July 2017, should include the updated endorsed identity.
- Plan a little extra time for production! ASU’s Sun Devil Licensing reviews most orders before they are produced. Your order may get delayed until logo and branding issues are resolved.
- Don’t panic. If you use the Fulton Schools endorsed identity in presentations, print materials or promotional items, update the logo as you update or edit your documents this semester.
- Download the new endorsed identity at brandguide.asu.edu.
- Learn more about the endorsed logo system and project updates.
Questions? Contact Stephanie Mabee, email@example.com or 480-965-8745.