Future Tense, an innovative collaboration between the New America Foundation, Slate, and Arizona State University, is seeking a full-time Research Associate in Washington, D.C. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated and curious individual interested in emerging technologies and how they are changing the way we live. We’re looking for someone eager to facilitate smart conversations on the subject, both online and at our live events.
The Research Associate will work directly for the Future Tense program directors, and alongside other research associates and fellows at one of Washington’s premier think tanks. The Research Associate will assist in the preparation of conferences and other events, as well as in the production of related content for the Future Tense channel on Slate.
To be filled between June and August 2015, the position is a 12-month engagement. Any number of long-term career goals are a good fit for this position, including journalism, law, public policy, business, or academia. Strong organizational, research, and communication skills are essential, along with intellectual agility.
The Future Tense Research Associate will receive a salary that is commensurate with his or her experience and competitive with similar research jobs at major D.C. think tanks, along with generous benefits.
How To Apply
Submit a cover letter, CV, and writing sample to email@example.com
- Assist in developing and facilitating large-scale conferences and other events.
- Provide support maintaining and expanding Future Tense’s community of event participants and attendees.
- Extensive research on topics explored by Future Tense programs.
- Create original Future Tense content for Slate.
- Staff public events.
- Perform various administrative duties.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher;
- Proven research and analytical skills;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Familiarity with Lexis-Nexis and other internet research tools;
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work and manage time in order to meet multiple deadlines;
- Knowledge of public policy and/or transformative technology;
- Eagerness to learn about new fields of study; and
- Candidates should be flexible, self-motivated, and enthusiastic team players.