Sign-up for the 5th annual Kenya Dig It? 5K Run/Walk—a fundraising event to support the humanitarian efforts of the Engineers Without Borders ASU Chapter.
EWB-ASU is raising money for their water supply projects in Bondo, Kenya. Many people in Kenya have to trek several miles in search of water for their families. Unfortunately, the water they bring home is often polluted, leading to illnesses and death.
To counter this problem EWB-ASU and their professional engineering mentors are traveling to Kenya this summer to renovate a dam that will service hundreds of people in Bondo, Kenya.
The funds made from the Kenya Dig It? 5k will go towards construction materials, travel costs and supplies to make their volunteer trip possible.
The event features:
- Small, well-organized run.
- Age group awards for the top three male and female finishers.
- Professional electronic timing.
- 5th Annual Kenya Dig It? shirt.
- Intimate tour of ASU’s Tempe campus.
- Chance to run against the Dean of Engineering and his support staff.
- Meet and greet with students from Engineers Without Borders and event sponsors.
Get in shape for a good cause!
For more information contact Shreya Udupa, 480-347-5420.